CITY OF YONKERS
AMENDMENT TO 2015-2019 FIVE YEAR CONSOLIDATED PLAN
SUBSTANTIAL AMEDMENT TO 2019 ANNUAL ACTION PLAN
NOTICE OF PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
The City of Yonkers through the Department of Planning and Development is advising citizens that Amendment to the 2015-2019 Five-Year Consolidated Plan and the Substantial Amendment to the 2019 Annual Action Plan is available for public review and comments.
The City has received a special allocation of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV) and Emergency Solution Grant (ESG-CV1 and ESG-CV2) grant funds under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, to be used to prevent, prepare for and respond to the coronavirus. This additional funding is intended for use by communities to respond the recent COVID-19 pandemic.
The City is amending its 2019 Annual Action Plan and budget allocations to include the CDBG-CV in the amount of $2,095,834 and ESG-CV1 in the amount of $1,038,286 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic as follows:
- CDBG-CV - $760,000 to provide grant funds for a Micro-Enterprise Stabilization Fund Program that will assist small businesses in Yonkers that have been impacted by COVID-19, that will create or retain jobs for people from low/moderate income households.
- CDBG-CV - $468,940 to provide grant funds to non-profits to provide an Emergency Food Assistance Program to low and moderate income individuals and families
- CDBG-CV - $206,871 to provide grant funds to not-for-profits that provide benefit counseling to low and moderate income households impacted by COVID-19.
- CDBG-CV - $286,748 for youth program including summer programs and $58,900 for other public service activities
- CDBG-CV - $314,375 for the general administration and planning costs of the CDBG-CV Program.
- ESG-CV1 – $1,308,286 grant funds provided to not-for-profit agencies that provide homeless prevention activities to benefit households impacted by COVID-19 by helping them pay their rent and utility arrears, provide Short-Term Rental Assistance Program (up to 24 months) to benefit households impacted by COVID-19 and provide for emergency shelter for the homeless
This amendment would allow for additional changes within the above allocations in the event that a greater need is identified in one or more of the categories.
Due to COVID-19, a waiver is available for the public comment period to be shortened from 30 days to 5 days for the Consolidated Plan and Annual Action Plan. The City of Yonkers will be waiving the 30-day comment period for a 5-day comment period. The public comment period will begin on July 2, 2020 and end on July 10, 2020.
A copy of the Plans will be available for review via the City of Yonkers website: https://www.yonkersny.gov/work/department-of-planning-development/development/community-development/public-notice beginning July 2, 2020.
All comments must be submitted in writing to the Department of Planning and Development, 87 Nepperhan Avenue Room 312, Yonkers, NY 10701 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 10, 2020
Esta información será proporcionada en español a petición al llamar al (914) 377-6569.
City of Yonkers