Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
The City of Yonkers Office of Community Development (OCD) is responsible for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) for the City of Yonkers. The CDBG program provides communities with resources to address a wide range of unique community development needs. The CDBG Program is authorized under Title I, Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 (42 U.S.C. 5301-20) and Section 7(d) of the Department of Housing and Urban Development Act (42 U.S.C. 3535(d). The CDBG program provides annual grants on a formula basis to 1180 general units of local government and States.
The purpose of the CDBG Program is to provide decent housing, suitable living environment and expanding economic opportunities, principally benefiting persons of low and moderate income. Federal regulations require that at least one of the following national objectives are met by all CDBG funded activities:
- The activity must principally benefit low and moderate income individuals.
- The activity must aid in the prevention or elimination of slums/blight.
- The activity must address an immediate, urgent threat to the health/welfare of the community, not addressed by other financial resources.
CDBG grant funds may be used for the acquisition, demolition, clearance, removal or rehabilitation of real property and blighted buildings; the construction, reconstruction or installation of public work projects, neighborhood facilities and other site improvements; relocation assistance; economic development; public services; preparation of the Consolidated Plan and yearly action plan and administrative costs.
CDBG and ESG Request for Proposal
Year 44 - 2018
Deadline Monday, January 29, 2018 by 4pm
(February 1, 2018 - January 31, 2019)
Proposals must be submitted to the Department of Planning and Development no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday, January 29, 2018. One (1) original hard copy is required to be submitted with original attachments and one (1) copy.
Please see the links below for the Grant Application Workshop presentation that can assist in completing the CDBG and ESG request for proposal along with links to all pertaining documents.
- RFP Year 44-2018
- Year 44-2018 Program Budget
- Year 44-2018 Project Budget
- Attachment A - ED Form 2017-2018
- Attachment B - Census Tract Map
- Attachment C - Low Mod Clientele
- Affidavit of 990 Submission
- AFFIDAVIT for Financial Statement
- RFP workshop presentation 2018