The City of Yonkers will be hosting the Mayor's Mobile Tax Office at the following locations and dates:
- Thursday, December 27th: Homefield House.
- Thursday, January 3rd: Grinton I. Will Library.
- Friday, January 4th Coyne Park (Spreckman Community Center)
TAXES ARE DUE MONDAY, JANUARY 7TH, 2019.
All locations will available from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm. If you have a current water bill, you may also pay at any of these locations. A representative from Constituent Services will also we present to address any issue you may have. If you have any questions, please contact the Mayor's Help Line at (914) 377-HELP (4357).
THE CITY Real Estate Property Taxes are paid in three equal installments:
- 1st installment due date will always vary based on when the City budget is adopted. Once adopted* (usually in June) taxes are due 30 days from then. 1st installment due July 20, 2018.
- 2nd installment due date is always October 6th (unless October 6th falls on a weekend. 2nd installment due October 9, 2018.
- 3rd installment is always due on January 6th of following year (unless January 6th falls on a weekend). 3rd installment due January 7, 2019.
TO PAY ONLINE VIA CREDIT CARD OR ELECTRONIC-CHECK: CLICK HERE
ENTER THE ACCOUNT NUMBER (11 DIGITS) EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS ON THE CITY TAX BILL.
*If your payment is late, interest will be calculated at 15% per annum from the confirmation date to the date of payment. Interest is automatically calculated and added to your payment before any payment is completed.
*IF PAYING BY CREDIT CARD: You must enter your address online exactly as it appears on your credit card billing statement or your payment will not be accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why does interest go back to the confirmation date of the taxes and not the due date of each installment?
A: The City Charter requires that City Taxes are due in full when confirmed. After the due date, interest of 15% per annum from the confirmation date to the date of payment will be added to the amount of the delinquent installment.
Q: What if I owe Taxes from previous years?
A: If you want to pay taxes from previous years, you must contact the City of Yonkers Tax Office for interest and payment procedures.
Q: Am I able to make a partial payment if I cannot pay the full amount due?
A: Yes, but not online. You can make a partial payment by mailing in a payment or in person at:
40 South Broadway
Yonkers, NY 10701