A| B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z

GAMES OF CHANCE - The City Clerk's office is responsible for managing permits regarding Games of Chance.

GARBAGE COLLECTION (Refuse Collection) - The Department of Public Works collects and disposes of garbage from private residences, apartment complexes, municipal housing complexes, public schools, municipal buildings, condominiums, cooperative units, and non-profit organizations.

Curbside Pickup: Residents must use 30 gallon covered containers and plastic garbage bags for refuse and place the containers at curbside sundown on the evening prior to your scheduled collection day. Bags and pails are not to be heavier than 50 lbs.

Small tree limbs and shrubbery trimmings are collected during October and early December for composting. Cuttings should be placed at curbside on Wednesday, to be collected with recyclables.
During the spring, cuttings should remain on the lawn. See Grasscycling in "Residential Guide".

Christmas trees should be placed at curbside on regular refuse collection day. As part of the City’s Recycling program, this division collects newspapers and commingle recyclables at curbside on alternate Wednesday’s. For schedule see “Recycling”, 377-6270

GARBAGE DISPOSAL (Refuse Disposal) - The Department of Public Works providing roll-off container service for multi - family units. The city's Refuse Disposal Facility located at 735 Saw Mill River Road is the city's Recycling Center for residents to dispose of their large bulk items and refuse other than household garbage.  The facility accepts and processes recyclable items and is open to the public 7:30 a.m. to 430 p.m. Mon-Sat. 377-4357 (HELP)

GAS LEAK - For emergency, contact Con Edison 967-0552.

GOING OUT OF BUSINESS - Please contact the Consumer Protection Agency.

GOLF COURSES - Operated and maintained by Westchester County,
Dunwoodie 476-5151
Sprain Lake 779-5180

GRAFFITI - Cases of graffiti should be reported to the Police Department, 377-7900.

GRASS CLIPPINGS, DISPOSAL OF - The City of Yonkers maintains an Organic Transfer Center located at 735 Saw Mill River Road. See also the "Residential Guide"

GUN REGISTRATION - All handguns must be registered with the Westchester County Clerk's Office, White Plains, 995-3080.

Back to Top