Quality of Life Concerns
Quality of life concerns remain a top priority of the Yonkers Police Department.
- Public drinking, marihuana smoking, loud radios, public urination, and disorderly groups will not be tolerated.
- Special attention will be paid to quality of life complaints in city parks and in the vicinity of schools.
- There is zero tolerance regarding the sale of alcohol to underage youth.
- Noise complaints will also be addressed.
- Speed contests involving cars and/or motorcycles will not be tolerated. If applicable, arrests will be made or summonses will be issued. Whenever possible, autos and motorcycles engaged in such activities will be seized.
- Bar owners must cooperate with the community and the Police regarding quality of life issues.
- The police and the community, working together, can reduce (and sometimes eliminate) quality of life problems in Yonkers.
Quality of Life Concerns (.pdf format)