Operation Speak Up
(1-866 Speak Up or 1-866-773-2587)
Operation Speak Up is a partnership between the Yonkers Board of Education, the Yonkers Police Department and a national organization called PAX whose slogan is “Real Solutions to Gun Violence”; see their website at www.paxusa.org.
• Statistics show that 8 kids are killed everyday in the United States by guns.
• In over 80% of school shootings, the attackers told other students before the violence occurred.
• Yonkers students can now call the Operation Speak Up toll free phone number if they learn of a threat of violence.
• The caller can remain anonymous and safe.
• Tell a teacher or a trusted adult or call Operation Speak Up at 1-866-Speak Up (1-866-773-2587). In case of immediate emergency, please call 911.
• Operation Speak Up is a rational alternative to the Stop Snitching Campaign. Operation Speak Up saves lives.
• Operation Speak Up is not just for schools. Kids can call the hot line for threats of violence in their neighborhoods as well.
• If a kid learns of a gun or another weapon being bought to school, a gang attack or gang fight being planned or an assault on a student or teacher that may occur, he/she can now safely make a phone call and prevent the violence.
• Kids now have the power to prevent violence in their schools and neighborhoods.