|CELL PHONE SAFETY TIPS|
As the use of cell phones, I-Pods and other handheld electronic devices increases, they are being targeted by criminals. To prevent the theft of cell phones and small electronic devices follow these safety tips:
• When using a cell phone or small electronic device in public, keep the device out of sight.
• Be wise about where you use the device and who is around you when using it.
• If you use an electronic device while walking or riding, keep one earpiece out so you can hear what is going on around you.
• Do not leave device unattended in public places.
• Do not leave devices in school lockers.
• If you leave it in a car, secure it out of sight. Lock it in the trunk.
• Do not give the device to anyone unless you are certain they will give it back.
• If someone attempts to steal the device, do not resist, notify the Police and provide accurate suspect information.
• Keep the Make, Model and Serial Number of the device in a safe place at your home.
This information will be useful to the Police Department if the device is ever lost or stolen.
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME NOW TO RECORD YOUR DEVICES MAKE, MODEL, and
SERIAL NUMBER ON THE BACK OF THIS SHEET.
City of Yonkers