Yonkers Fire Department
Take the test below to find out how Fire Smart you are. Print out the page, Take the test and Have a Grown-Up score the test. You need a score of 7 out of 10 to pass.
Fire Safety Test
1. If your clothes catch on fire you should
A. ___ crawl low under smoke.
B. ___ run to put out the fire.
C. ___ stop, drop and roll to put out the fire.
2. If you see smoke in a room, you should
A. ___ stand up and run out.
B. ___ crawl low under the smoke.
C. ___ open a window.
3. If a fire keeps burning it will
A. ___ go out.
B. ___ stay the same.
C. ___ grow.
4. In every room it is most important to have
A. ___ a fire alarm
B. ___ a light.
C. ___ two ways out.
5. If your home catches on fire, the first thing you should do is
A. ___ get out and stay out.
B. ___ stop, drop and roll.
C. ___ call the fire department.
6. A home escape plan has
A. ___ a time clock.
B. ___ a hiding place.
C. ___ a meeting place.
7. If you have a fire in your home you should
A. ___ call the fire department from your home.
B. ___ call your neighbor.
C. ___ call the fire department (911) from a neighbor’s home.
8. If you live on the upper floors of a building and there is a fire you should
get out by using the
A. ___ stairs.
B. ___ elevator.
C. ___ window.
9. If you are in bed and the smoke detector alarm sounds, you should
A. ___ stay low and feel the door to see if it is hot.
B. ___ stand up and open the door and run out.
C. ___ stay in bed.
10. The number you dial on the phone when there is an emergency is
B. ___ 911