Chief Joseph M. Sciascia
The mission of the Yonkers Auxiliary Police Unit is to be prepared and ready to be deployed, as the Commissioner of Police deems fit, to support the Yonkers Police Department by providing supplemental service. The underlying purpose of the organization is to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to and recover from an emergency. When they are activated, the members serve as Peace Officers to safeguard the community, to preserve order, and to manage traffic at public functions and events.
Auxiliary Police Officers are state certified as Peace officers with Firearms who undergo extensive training on a continuous basis to facilitate their ability to assist the Police Department. The Yonkers Auxiliary Police is a unit of the Field Services Bureau of the Yonkers Police Department.
- Be a citizen of the United States of America
- Satisfactorily complete a background investigation
- Live or work in Yonkers
- Be between the ages of 21 and 55 at time of application
- Pass medical, psychological, and drug screening
- Be able to read, write and communicate proficiently in English
- Have a High School or Equivalency Diploma
- Satisfactorily complete all state and local training and requirements for N.Y.S. Department of Criminal Justice Services Peace Officers with firearms training
- Not be engaged in a profession or livelihood that constitutes a conflict of interest with law enforcement duties
Contact us at Auxiliary@YPD.YonkersNY.Gov for more information.
*** NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS***
Please forward all City of Yonkers Employee Applications to
Yonkers Police Department
Field Services Bureau
104 South Broadway
Yonkers, NY 10701