About Permits

You must obtain a permit from the Department of Engineering (914-377-6218) prior to any sidewalk replacement or repair. Also, if you are doing any improvement that requires the use of a dumpster/canister, placed in the roadway or over a sidewalk, you must apply for a permit from the Engineering Department.