Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday: Open until 7 pm (except as noted)
Wednesday Evening Closings
PVB will close at 4:00 pm on the following Wednesdays in 2018:
- November 21
- December 19
- December 26
PVB is closed on all Legal Holidays.
- NEW YEAR'S DAY - MONDAY, JANUARY 1ST
- MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR'S BIRTHDAY - MONDAY, JANUARY 15TH
- ABRAHAM LINCOLN'S BIRTHDAY - MONDAY, FEBRUARY 12TH
- PRESIDENTS' DAY - MONDAY, FEBRUARY 19TH
- MEMORIAL DAY - MONDAY, MAY 28TH
- INDEPENDENCE DAY - WEDNESDAY. JULY 4TH
- LABOR DAY - MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 3RD
- COLUMBUS DAY - MONDAY, OCTOBER 8TH
- ELECTION DAY - TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH
- VETERAN'S DAY - MONDAY, NOVEMBER 12TH (OBSERVED)
- THANKSGIVING DAY - THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 22ND
- CHRISTMAS DAY - TUESDAY, DECEMBER 25TH
- NEW YEAR'S DAY - TUESDAY, JANUARY 1ST, 2019
Alternate Side Parking and Meter Regulations
Alternate Side Parking will be suspended on the following days in 2018:
- JANUARY 1, MONDAY, NEW YEAR’S DAY (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- JANUARY 15, MONDAY, MARTIN L. KING BIRTHDAY (METERS IN EFFECT)
- FEBRUARY 12, MONDAY, LINCOLN BIRTHDAY, (METERS IN EFFECT)
- FEBRUARY 19, MONDAY, PRESIDENTS DAY (METERS IN EFFECT)
- MARCH 30, FRIDAY, GOOD FRIDAY (METERS IN EFFECT)
- MARCH 31-APRIL 1, SATURDAY-SUNDAY, PASSOVER 1ST & 2ND DAYS (METERS IN EFFECT)
- APRIL 1, SUNDAY, EASTER (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- APRIL 6-7, FRIDAY-SATURDAY, PASSOVER 7TH & 8TH DAYS (METERS IN EFFECT)
- MAY 28, MONDAY, MEMORIAL DAY (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- JULY 4, WEDNESDAY, INDEPENDENCE DAY (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- SEPTEMBER 3, MONDAY, LABOR DAY (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- SEPTEMBER 10-11, MONDAY-TUESDAY, ROSH HASHANAH (METERS IN EFFECT)
- SEPTEMBER 19, WEDNESDAY, YOM KIPPUR (METERS IN EFFECT)
- OCTOBER 8, MONDAY, COLUMBUS DAY (METERS IN EFFECT)
- NOVEMBER 6, TUESDAY, ELECTION DAY (METERS IN EFFECT)
- NOVEMBER 11, SUNDAY, VETERAN’S DAY (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- NOVEMBER 12, MONDAY, VETERAN’S DAY (OBSERVED) (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- NOVEMBER 22, THURSDAY, THANKSGIVING DAY (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- DECEMBER 25, TUESDAY, CHRISTMAS DAY (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- JANUARY 1, TUESDAY, NEW YEAR’S DAY (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
The PVB is located at 87 Nepperhan Avenue, 2nd Floor. There is a separate outside ramp entrance to the PVB along the side of the building on the driveway to City Hall. Please park in the Government Center Garage. The Public may not park along the driveway or in Loading Zone area spaces. If you park there you will be ticketed.
Handicap accessible parking is available on all levels of the Government Center Garage near the elevator. The 5th floor exit on the South West corner of the Garage has a ramp leading to the accessible entrance to 87 Nepperhan and the PVB.
The PVB main phone number is 914-377-6600
A Parking Violations Bureau is an Administrative Tribunal which can accept pleas and hear and determine charges regarding parking and red light camera violations. The Parking Violation or Ticket is prima facie evidence, meaning that it stands as written – the issuing officer is not required to appear for hearings. If there is a mandatory element missing or misdescribed, the ticket may be dismissed on request of the respondent. Hearings are held before Administrative Law Judges who hear evidence and make final determinations on the charges. All hearings are recorded.
The PVB accepts cash, personal checks (except for suspensions and boot and tows), Visa, Master Card, and Discover Card. Payments may also be made online using credit cards or by electronic check and by phone by calling 1-866-377-9665 (unless your registration is suspended or you are boot and tow eligible). There is an additional convenience fee based on the dollar amount of the transaction charged by the payment service company, except for electronic checks for which there is no additional charge. (Please go to To Pay a Ticket for more information and a link to the payment screen). If you use a credit card to pay at the PVB, the cardholder must be present and must present a picture ID. Please remember payment is an admission of guilt.
If you bounce a check or a request a Charge Back on a credit card payment, your paid tickets will be reinstated, all penalties will be added, and an additional $35 fee will be added for each bounced check or credit card Charge Back.
- TUESDAY At 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. and at 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. or
- WEDNESDAY At 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. and at 2:00, 3:00, 5:00, AND 6:00 p.m. or
- THURSDAY At 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. and at 2:00 and 3:00 p.m.
The above schedule applies to business days. No hearings are conducted on Saturdays, Sundays or Holidays.
The PVB also holds Ex-Parte hearings or “hearings by mail”. Respondents do not appear in person, but rather enter a plea on the ticket and submit a written statement of the facts and any documentary evidence or pictures which may assist their case.
All hearing decisions are final, whether Ex-Parte or in person. An appeal may be filed within 30 (thirty) days of the decision date. There is a $10.00 nonrefundable filing fee for all appeals. Filing an appeal does not stay the execution of the judgment rendered unless payment or the posting of a bond is made in the amount of the decision. Appeals are held before an Appeals Board consisting of three Administrative Law Judges other than the one whose decision is being appealed. The decision of the Appeals Board is the final decision of the Bureau.
Motion Hearing Schedule
In order to prevent overcrowding and backups during scheduled hearings, the PVB now has a Motion Calendar. One day a week an ALJ/Hearing Examiner will hear all Motions to Vacate Judgment. If you are Boot and Tow Eligible or Booted or Towed you may still be added to the scheduled Hearing Calendar on the day you come in. All other Motions to Vacate Judgment will be heard only on the Motion Calendar day. For an updated Motion Calendar list please click on Judgment Information listed to the left.
Failure to Respond
Failure to respond to a ticket and subsequent notices, appear at a hearing, or pay the decision after a hearing, will result in a default judgment entered in the City Court of Yonkers. A default judgment allows the PVB to SUSPEND THE REGISTRATION of your vehicle at the NYS DMV for one unpaid parking ticket with four late notices. A suspended registration may result in your ARREST, your vehicle may be impounded and you may be charged with a misdemeanor. At this time the PVB will not suspend your registration for failure to pay a Red Light Camera ticket, however, a judgment will be entered against you which allows the PVB to impound your vehicle(s) and send your judgment to a City Marshal or a Collection Agency.
Impounding a Vehicle
A vehicle may be impounded for improper registration or license plates and for outstanding parking and/or red light camera violations. Boot releases are $75.00. Towing fees and storage fees are set by law. The current fee for storage is $35.00 a day, including the day the vehicle was towed. Please check with the Tow Company for the total amount due. Towing and storage are paid directly to the Tow company which towed the vehicle.
PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE IN CASH, CERTIFIED BANK CHECK OR CREDIT CARDS (MASTER CARD, VISA AND DISCOVER) FOR ALL SUSPENDED REGISTRATIONS AND FOR ALL TOWED OR BOOTED VEHICLES. WHEN USING A CREDIT CARD THE PERSON WHOSE NAME IS ON THE CARD MUST BE PRESENT. THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL $20.00 REGISTRATION CLEARANCE FEE FOR EACH SUSPENSION ON A VEHICLE.
THERE IS A $35.00 RETURNED CHECK FEE FOR ALL RETURNED CHECKS AND CREDIT CARD CHARGE BACKS.