Yonkers Recycling Center
735 Saw Mill River Road
Open Monday – Saturday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm (closed holidays)
The Recycling Center accepts and disposes of all recyclable materials. The Division is also responsible for all roll-off container service to multi-family dwellings, as well as coordinating the recycling activities of those dwellings, in accord with State recycling mandates.
Recycling Center Regulations
- City residents are allowed to dispose of two loads per week (but limited to one per day) from a noncommercial vehicle, pick up or automobile. (No commercial vehicles or rented vehicles are allowed at any time. Use is restricted to buildings of six (6) families and under only.
- Any vehicle appearing to be a contractor’s work vehicle, indicated by roof racks, tool bins, contractor tools and uniforms, etc. or has debris considered to be commercial will not be permitted to use the facility.
- Proof of residence with corresponding license and registration of vehicle being used must be presented upon request of the attendant. NO apartment building addresses allowed.
- No trailers allowed.
- No walking in of waste allowed.
- Any exceptions to these rules can only be determined by the Refuse Disposal Manager.
- No tipping or attempting to tip the Recycling Center employees.
- All recycle materials must be separated by category (metal, bottles, cans, cardboard and paper) and placed in the appropriate collection container or placed wherever designated by attendant.
- No toxic paint, tar cans or hazardous waste is permitted.
- No oil or grease permitted.
- No gas cylinders. (Empty Propane Barbecue Tanks are accepted)
- No tires accepted.
- Recycle your old electronic equipment.
- Recycle material must be loose and not in plastic bags.
- No roofing materials allowed.
- Raw garbage is not permitted.
- No Construction and demolition debris is permitted.
All patrons can expect courteous treatment from all City of Yonkers personnel.