2020 SUMMER YOUTH EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM
Youth ages of 14 - 20 (depending on the day and month of your 21st birthday) may register for the 2020 Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP). Registration will begin Friday, November 1, 2019 through Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
The registration process does not secure a position in the Summer Youth Employment Program. The registration creates a lottery list from which names will be drawn for employment. Communication with the Summer Youth Coordinator will only occur if you are selected. If selected, via the lottery, we will notify you by phone, text message or email. If you do not receive a phone call, text message or email by 4:30 p.m., Thursday, April 30, 2020 you were not drawn to participate in the Summer Youth Employment Program. Please note, it is your responsibility to update change of address, email and/or phone number.
Lottery selected applicants must submit the following documents to complete the application process no exceptions:
- Social Security Card;
- Working certificate/papers requirements (if under the age of 18 you can obtain working papers from the Yonkers Board of Education at One Larkin Plaza;
- Application for Working Certificate/Papers must be completed by parent/guardian (see link below)
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Physical Exam within 12 months
- New York State Identification Card from the Department of Motor Vehicles; and
- Third or fourth marking period report card (if attending school).
Registrants must email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
First & Last Name (if you have two last names you must use both names when registering)
City, State, and Zip code
Date of Birth
RE: Registration Deadline March 31, 2020