**Due to the ongoing Pandemic, the 2020 Summer Camps has been cancelled. Please check back on updates of all of our programming**
The Camp Rays summer day camp for children has been one of the Recreation Department’s most popular seasonal programs for the past sixteen years. Campers participate in a well-rounded schedule which includes: basketball, softball, wiffleball, kickball, soccer, relay games, board games, arts & crafts, music, dance, and water activities. Part of the camp program includes a field trip in each of the weekly sessions.We will also have scheduled visits by Youth Theater Interaction, the Yonkers Police Department and the Yonkers Fire Department to name a few. All activities will be supervised by the watchful eyes of our staff and certified lifeguards.
Some of the notable items are as follows:
- Camp Rays will maintain a staff to campers’ ratio of 1:12 for the duration of the camp
- Our Health Directors are certified in R.T.E. (Responding to Emergencies) and C.P.R. for the Professional Rescuer
- Camp Staff will receive a background check; attend workshops and training seminars in preparation for working as counselors
- The Westchester County Department of Health will issue the City of Yonkers a Camp Operators Permit upon meeting all specification and criteria to operate our summer camp
Four Convenient Locations
Camp Rays is offered at four sites conveniently located throughout the City. In order to maintain a 1:12 staff to camper ratio and avoid overcrowding at each site, maximum enrollment for campers has been determined for each site. The four locations, the maximum enrollment and the fees are:
Yonkers Montessori Academy
160 Woodlawn Avenue
Maximum Enrollment: 280
Robert C. Dodson
105 Avondale Avenue
Maximum Enrollment: 140
Cross Hill Academy
160 Bolmer Avenue
Maximum Enrollment: 140
Montessori School 27
132 Valentine Lane
Maximum Enrollment: 100
2020 Camp Rays Weekly/Session Fees
Yonkers Montessori Academy (Mark Twain)
- Yonkers Resident: $200
- Non-resident: $225
Cross Hill Academy and Dodson
- Yonkers Resident: $185
- Non-resident: $210
- Yonkers Resident: $170
- Non-resident: $195
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm*
*All campers MUST be picked up by 5:00 pm. A late fee of $30 will be charged for anyone picked up after 5:00 PM.
Camp Rays is offered for Six - one week sessions:
- Week One: June 29 - July 2 **No Camp on Friday, July 3**
- Week Two: July 6- July 10
- Week Three: July 13 - July 17
- Week Four: July 20 - July 24
- Week Five: July 27 – July 31
- Week Six: August 3 - August 7
ATTENTION: Due to the global pandemic, we are currently NOT taking any registrations, however, we are hoping to still open camp for the Summer 2020, please check back often for more information
Camp Rays is offered to children ages 5 through 14. Campers must turn 6 years of age by December 31, 2020 and be entering the First Grade in September 2020. Campers may be 14, but not 15 years of age before August 7, 2020.
In compliance with the Westchester County Health Department, all registrants must have their immunization records on file. Please fill out and submit the Camp Rays Medical Form as soon as possible. In light of the recent out breaks, no camper will be allowed at the camp site without the proper immunization on file!!
Online Registration Dates
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 7:00 PM for residents
- Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 7:00 PM for non-residents
Only credit cards are accepted.
Walk-in Registration Dates
- Thursday, April 2, 2020 for residents
- Thursday, April 9, 2020 for non-residents at the Department of Parks, Recreation & Conservation, 285 Nepperhan Avenue from 9:00 am to 4:00PM
All registration fees must be paid in full at registration.
Full refunds will be issued for any program cancelled by the Department of Parks, Recreation and Conservation. Full refunds will be issued for a medical reason before a program begins when accompanied by a doctor's note. After a program begins, a pro-rated refund will be issued based on the number of sessions attended, when accompanied by a doctor's note. the Parks Department will grant a refund request if received at least ten (10) business days before the program's first session. Refunds for trips will not be granted unless the spot can be filled from the waiting list. Ten dollars ($10) or ten percent (10%) of the fee, whichever is higher, will be charged for processing refunds that are approved. No processing fee will be charged if the Parks Department cancels the program or if the participant provides a doctor's note when withdrawing for a medical reason. Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing refunds.