DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, THE PARKING VIOLATIONS BUREAU'S HOURS HAVE CHANGED. OUR NEW OFFICE HOURS ARE MONDAY-FRIDAY 8:30AM-3:30PM ONLY.
WE ARE NO LONGER OPEN LATE ON WEDNESDAY EVENINGS.
DUE TO SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES, ONLY A LIMITED AMOUNT OF PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING AT THE SAME TIME. TO AVOID EXTENSIVE WAIT TIMES, ON LINE OUTSIDE OF THE BUILING, WE ARE STRONGLYENCOURAGING EVERYONE AT THIS TIME TO SUBMIT ALL HEARING AND PERMIT REQUESTS BY MAIL AND TO MAKE ALL PAYMENTS ONLINE, BY PHONE OR THROUGH THE MAIL.
*** ALL PARKING AND RED LIGHT CAMERA TICKETS CAN NOW BE PAID ONLINE OR BY PHONE-NO MATTER THE STATUS. TO MAKE A PAYMENT PLEASE GO TO WWW.YONKERSNY.GOV OR BY PHONE AT (866) 377-9665 ***
ALL REQUESTS FOR A HEARING, DISABLED PERMIT AND RESIDENTIAL PARKING PERMIT APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY MAIL AT THIS TIME. PVB WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT PAYMENTS BY MAIL. PLEASE MAIL ALL CORRESPONDENCE AND PAYMENTS TO THE YONKERS PVB AT: 87 NEPPERHAN AVE. YONKERS, NY 10701
WEDNESDAY EVENING HOURS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED
PVB is closed on all Legal Holidays.
- NEW YEAR'S DAY - WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 1ST
- MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR'S BIRTHDAY - MONDAY, JANUARY 2OTH
- ABRAHAM LINCOLN'S BIRTHDAY - WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 12TH
- PRESIDENTS' DAY - MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH
- MEMORIAL DAY - MONDAY, MAY 25TH
- INDEPENDENCE DAY (IN OBSERVANCE OF) -FRIDAY. JULY 3RD
- LABOR DAY - MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 7TH
- COLUMBUS DAY - MONDAY, OCTOBER 12TH
- ELECTION DAY - TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD
- VETERAN'S DAY - WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH
- THANKSGIVING DAY - THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 26TH
- CHRISTMAS DAY - FRIDAY, DECEMBER 25TH
- NEW YEAR'S DAY - FRIDAY, JANUARY 1ST, 2021
Alternate Side Parking and Meter Regulations
Alternate Side Parking will be suspended on the following days in 2020:
- JANUARY 1, WEDNESDAY, NEW YEAR’S DAY (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- JANUARY 20, MONDAY, MARTIN L. KING BIRTHDAY (METERS IN EFFECT)
- FEBRUARY 12, WEDNESDAY, LINCOLN BIRTHDAY, (METERS IN EFFECT)
- FEBRUARY 17, MONDAY, PRESIDENTS DAY (METERS IN EFFECT)
- APRIL 10, FRIDAY, GOOD FRIDAY (METERS IN EFFECT)
- APRIL 9-10, THURSDAY & FRIDAY, PASSOVER 1ST & 2ND DAYS (METERS IN EFFECT)
- APRIL 12, SUNDAY, EASTER (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- APRIL 15-16, WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY, PASSOVER 7TH & 8TH DAYS (METERS IN EFFECT)
- MAY 25, MONDAY, MEMORIAL DAY (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- JULY 3, FRIDAY, INDEPENDENCE DAY (OBSERVED) (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- JULY 4, SATURDAY, INDEPENDENCE DAY (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- SEPTEMBER 7, MONDAY, LABOR DAY (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- SEPT 19-20, SATURDAY & SUNDAY, ROSH HASHANAH (METERS IN EFFECT)
- SEPT 28, MONDAY, YOM KIPPUR (METERS IN EFFECT)
- OCTOBER 12, MONDAY, COLUMBUS DAY (METERS IN EFFECT)
- NOVEMBER 3, TUESDAY, ELECTION DAY (METERS IN EFFECT)
- NOVEMBER 11, WEDNESDAY, VETERAN’S DAY (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- NOVEMBER 26, THURSDAY, THANKSGIVING DAY (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- DECEMBER 25, FRIDAY, CHRISTMAS DAY (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
- JANUARY 1, 2021, FRIDAY, NEW YEAR’S DAY (METERS NOT IN EFFECT)
The PVB is located at 87 Nepperhan Avenue, 2nd Floor. There is a separate outside ramp entrance to the PVB along the side of the building on the driveway to City Hall. Please park in the Government Center Garage. The Public may not park along the driveway or in Loading Zone area spaces. If you park there you will be ticketed.
Handicap accessible parking is available on all levels of the Government Center Garage near the elevator. The 5th floor exit on the South West corner of the Garage has a ramp leading to the accessible entrance to 87 Nepperhan and the PVB.
The PVB main phone number is 914-377-6600
A Parking Violations Bureau is an Administrative Tribunal which can accept pleas and hear and determine charges regarding parking and red light camera violations. The Parking Violation or Ticket is prima facie evidence, meaning that it stands as written – the issuing officer is not required to appear for hearings. If there is a mandatory element missing or misdescribed, the ticket may be dismissed on request of the respondent. Hearings are held before Administrative Law Judges who hear evidence and make final determinations on the charges. All hearings are recorded.
The PVB accepts cash, personal checks (except for suspensions and boot and tows), Visa, Master Card, and Discover Card. Payments may also be made online using credit cards or by electronic check and by phone by calling 1-866-377-9665 (unless your registration is suspended or you are boot and tow eligible). There is an additional convenience fee based on the dollar amount of the transaction charged by the payment service company, except for electronic checks for which there is no additional charge. (Please go to To Pay a Ticket for more information and a link to the payment screen). If you use a credit card to pay at the PVB, the cardholder must be present and must present a picture ID. Please remember payment is an admission of guilt.
If you bounce a check or a request a Charge Back on a credit card payment, your paid tickets will be reinstated, all penalties will be added, and an additional $35 fee will be added for each bounced check or credit card Charge Back.
- TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY: 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. and at 2:00 and 3:00 p.m.
- MOTIONS WILL BE HEARD ON SELECT DAYS OF THE WEEK BASED ON AVAILABILITY DUE TO SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES-YOU MUST CALL AHEAD TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE ELIGIGLE TO APPEAR
- The above schedule applies to business days. No hearings are conducted on Saturdays, Sundays or Holidays. The PVB closes at 3:30 and no longer has evening hours. The PVB has no scheduled in person hearings the last 2 weeks of December. However, ALJs will be available for motions and walk-ins for suspended registrations or booted and towed respondents.
The PVB also holds Ex-Parte hearings or “hearings by mail”. Respondents do not appear in person, but rather enter a plea on the ticket and submit a written statement of the facts and any documentary evidence or pictures which may assist their case.
All hearing decisions are final, whether Ex-Parte or in person. An appeal may be filed within 30 (thirty) days of the decision date. There is a $10.00 nonrefundable filing fee for all appeals. Filing an appeal does not stay the execution of the judgment rendered unless payment or the posting of a bond is made in the amount of the decision. Appeals are held before an Appeals Board consisting of three Administrative Law Judges other than the one whose decision is being appealed. The decision of the Appeals Board is the final decision of the Bureau.
Motion Hearing Schedule-NEW
In order to comply with social distancing guidelines, Motion cases will be limited on certain days based on occupancy of the hearing room. PLEASE call ahead to (914) 377-6609 to ensure you will be eligible for a Motion hearing. Administrative Law Judges will review all Motions to Vacate Judgment. If you are Boot and Tow Eligible or Booted or Towed you may still be added to the scheduled Hearing Calendar on the day you come in. All other Motions may be denied depending on occupancy, on a first come first served basis.
Failure to Respond
Failure to respond to a ticket and subsequent notices, appear at a hearing, or pay the decision after a hearing, will result in a default judgment entered in the City Court of Yonkers. A default judgment allows the PVB to SUSPEND THE REGISTRATION of your vehicle at the NYS DMV for one unpaid parking ticket with four late notices. A suspended registration may result in your ARREST, your vehicle may be impounded and you may be charged with a misdemeanor. At this time the PVB will not suspend your registration for failure to pay a Red Light Camera ticket, however, a judgment will be entered against you which allows the PVB to impound your vehicle(s) and send your judgment to a City Marshal or a Collection Agency.
Impounding a Vehicle
A vehicle may be impounded for improper registration or license plates and for outstanding parking and/or red light camera violations. Boot releases are $75.00. Towing fees and storage fees are set by law. The current fee for storage is $35.00 a day, including the day the vehicle was towed. Please check with the Tow Company for the total amount due. Towing and storage are paid directly to the Tow company which towed the vehicle.
PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE IN CASH, CERTIFIED BANK CHECK OR CREDIT CARDS (MASTER CARD, VISA AND DISCOVER) FOR ALL SUSPENDED REGISTRATIONS AND FOR ALL TOWED OR BOOTED VEHICLES. WHEN USING A CREDIT CARD THE PERSON WHOSE NAME IS ON THE CARD MUST BE PRESENT. THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL $20.00 REGISTRATION CLEARANCE FEE FOR EACH SUSPENSION ON A VEHICLE.
THERE IS A $35.00 RETURNED CHECK FEE FOR ALL RETURNED CHECKS AND CREDIT CARD CHARGE BACKS.