You must be a resident of Yonkers to receive a Disabled Parking Permit from the Yonkers PVB.
NOTE: If you would like license plates for the disabled, you must apply at the Department of Motor Vehicles OR if you would like a disabled parking space in front of your home, you must apply through the City's Department of Engineering.
- As per the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles, when applying for a Parking Permit for the Disabled, you MUST submit a copy of your driver’s license or non-driver’s id. If you do not have one, you must submit a letter stating you do not have one along with your application. The last 3 digits of your ID number will be listed on your permit. This is to prevent misuse of the permit and to assist officers in identifying the permit holder.
- All applications MUST have a diagnosis written by your Doctor and their signature. All incomplete applications will be returned.
- Once received and verified, your permit will be mailed. NO permits will be processed on the same day at the PVB Office.
- All applications are good for 5 (five) years at which time a NEW application must be completed by your Doctor.
- Disabled permits take 5 to 7 days to process. Please apply for renewal at least 2 weeks prior to the expiration date.
Having a disabled permit allows the mobility disabled to park in spaces designated for disability parking only. A permit may only be used when the disabled person is being transported. Your tag MUST be displayed and all other parking regulations for the general public must be adhered to.
In the City of Yonkers disabled permit holders must still place money in all parking meters. Only those with a separate NYS Meter Waiver Permit displayed do not have to place money in the meters.
- Having a Disabilty permit does NOT allow you to stop, stand or park in a disabled parking access aisle (hatch marked or diagonal lines located next to spaces reserved for the disabled for wheelchair access) or in fire lanes AT ANY TIME.
You may call 914-377-6600 and press option 9 to have PVB mail a disability permit application form to your address or click the link below. The application and instructions may also be downloaded from the NYS DMV website. Remember you MUST submit a copy of your driver's license, non-drivers license id or a letter stating you do not have one with your application or it will be returned.
The mail in address for the Disabled Permit Applications is:
Yonkers Parking Violations Bureau
87 Nepperhan Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10701
Should you have any additional questions or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the Mayor's Help Line at (914) 377-HELP (4357).