The Department of Information Technology (DoIT) will manage, support and coordinate the information needs of all City of Yonkers’ Agencies through the cost-effective use of technology.
To provide direction, expertise and guidance in establishing cost-effective and efficient information and business solutions for all City Departments and Agencies, enabling more effective delivery of services to the residents of the City of Yonkers.
The Department of Information Technology is the central IT organization that oversees the technology infrastructure for City government. It is this infrastructure that enables City employees to deliver vital services to Yonkers’ residents and businesses. The Department is responsible for providing the following:
- Technology standards and policies for the City of Yonkers’ Departments and Agencies.
- A secure information technology infrastructure that supports local and wide area network access 24 hours per day/7 days per week.
- Technology recommendations and assistance related to streamlining Department and Agency internal work processes to increase efficiencies and improve service to the public.
- A support team responsible for providing day-to-day support for our clients to ensure that services are continuously operational and align with their requirements.
DoIT's areas of responsibility include
- Data center services
- Telecommunications services (voice and data solutions)
- Information Security
- Network and desktop administration and management
- Application software
- Wireless network design and management
- Graphical Information Systems (GIS)
- Remote data interfaces
- Disaster Recovery
- Contract and project management services
- Intranet and associated productivity tools
- City of Yonkers web site