The City of Yonkers is pleased to provide employees with tuition reduction at several colleges and universities as follows:
- The College of Westchester and Long Island University Purchase College Campus (graduate courses only) - One-third off tuition costs (with proof of employment). Immediate family members are eligible for one-third off their first six credits.
- Polytechnic University Westchester Campus - 25 percent discount (graduate programs only).
- Fordham University of Liberal Studies - Westchester Public Service Grants of 25 percent tuition reduction for undergraduate courses.
- Mercy College - 15 percent discount (undergraduate courses only). Immediate family members are eligible for 15 percent discount on their first six credits.
- Manhattanville - Castle Scholarship Awards are available for city and county employees. Tuition reduction of 30 percent for Accelerated Bachelor of Science degree completion programs and 15 percent tuition reduction for graduate programs in the School of Graduate and Professional Studies.
- Manhattan College - The revamped B.S. in Organizational Leadership for adults seeking to complete their undergraduate degree. This program is designed for the convenience of the working professional. All courses are only seven (7) weeks long. The hybrid/blended format make it necessary to attend class only once a week. The rest of the coursework is done online at your convenience. All City of Yonkers employees receive an automatic 15% discount on tuition.