The Consumer Protection Bureau accepts complaints made by residents against Yonkers businesses. This service is provided by the City of Yonkers and is extended to any consumer-related transaction that takes place within the City. Complaints may include (but are not limited to) the following:
* I think I was over-charged at the supermarket.
* I paid the carpenter who started a job in my home, but he never returned to complete it.
* I wasn't charged the sale price, as advertised in today's newspaper.
* I don't think I really got 10 gallons of gas at my local station.
CPB Inspectors will investigate the complaints and aid in mediating a resolution. If, during the investigation, it is found that a person or company has violated the City Code of Yonkers, a violation will be issued and fines/penalties or corrective action may be ordered.
Residents may also call the CPB Helpline, (914) 377-3000, at any time to make a verbal complaint or report any illegal activity in their neighborhood. Verbal comlaints may be made anonymously. Please call the CPB if you witness any of the following:
* Unlicensed contractors/landscapers (all licensed businesses must have company name and info. written on the vehicle).
* Unlicensed food vendors (no vendors may sell items from coolers, etc. All persons with pushcarts and vehicles must be able to produce CPB licenses).
* Door-to-door salespeople/Home Solicitors must be licensed by the CPB, and must be able to produce this license if/when they knock on your door. These solicitations do not include those of religious, charitable or political organizations.
To file a formal complaint, download this form, fill it out and mail it back to:
Consumer Protection Bureau
87 Nepperhan Ave. Room 212
Yonkers, NY 10701