1. Applicants for Commissioner of Deeds must live or work in the City of Yonkers.
2. Commissioner of Deeds appointments are for a two year period and are not automatically renewed. Applicants must obtain another application form and re-file for reappointment.
3. Applicants must complete the application form and forward it to the City Clerk at City Hall, 40 South Broadway, Room 107, Yonkers, New York 10701. Please allow several months for processing.
4. All applicants for Commissioner of Deeds appointments must be approved by the City Council.
5. After receiving City Council approval, the list of applicants will be forwarded to the County Clerk’s Office. The County Clerk will contact the applicant about fees and additional paperwork needed to complete the process Since the approval process can take several months, please take this into account when applying or renewing a Commissioner of Deeds application.