95-20 TOWING FROM PRIVATE OR PUBLIC PARKING LOTS
No person shall tow or caused to have towed an unauthorized motor vehicle form a private or public parking lot as heretofore defined unless the following requirements have been complied with:
- A towing permit shall have been obtained for the premises from the City Clerk, and an annual fee of Two Hundred and Fifty ($250.00) Dollars has been paid to the City of Yonkers for each permit.
- A sign of minimum dimensions of 3' x 3' shall be conspicuously posted at each entrance and exit to the parking lot, and wherever else the Police Commissioner deems necessary. Each sign must contain the following information:
- Statement that any car parked without authorization on the premises shall be towed at the owner’s expense.
- The towing fee to be charged, not to exceed $50.00
- The per diem storage fee charged, not to exceed $15.00 per 24 hour period.
- Permit number
- Name/address and telephone number of where motor vehicle can be claimed.
- Only a person licensed by the City of Yonkers may tow said vehicle from said premises.
- The charge for towing and storage shall not exceed the maximum permitted charges as provided by this chapter.
- It shall be unlawful for a licensed tower to tow from a private or public parking lot unless a permit has been issued to said premises.
- No permit issued hereunder shall be transferred to another premises.
- The Yonkers Parking Authority, one-family, and two-family residential properties are exempt from this section