- All dogs 6 months of age or older are to be licensed. Also, any dog under 6 months of age, if running at large must be licensed.
- Application for validation of this license must be submitted in person or by mail.
Requirements for licensing dog license:
- application form (download here)
- proof of rabies vaccination (rabies certificate)
- check for the license fee
- a stamped, self-addressed envelope
- spay or neutered certificate
- Issuance of original license includes validation for one year and dog tag.
Dog Licenses Fee
Spayed or neutered dog (with verifying certificate): $2.50 statutory fee + $10.00 local fee = $12.50
Unspayed or unneutered dog (includes $3.00 fee for unspayed or unneutered dogs over 6 months of age): $7.50 statutory fee + $10.00 = $20.50
Senior Citizens (65 years or older) who show proof of age shall be entitled to a discount of the local fee ($10.00) and will only pay statutory fee required by State.
A Dog License shall be renewed after a period of one year beginning with the first day of the month following date of issuance and shall be renewable annually thereafter prior to the expiration date. License renewal will be received by mail from the State Dog Licensing Unit 30 days prior to the expiration date of license. If renewal is not received contact the City Clerk for renewal application.
Tag is issued with original license; if tag is lost, apply to City Clerk’s Office for a new tag. Cost is $5.00 IF DOG OWNER FAILS TO RENEW THE DOG’S LICENSE FOR A PRIOR RENEWAL PERIOD, THE OWNER’S NAME IS PLACED ON A DELINQUENT LIST.