Vincent E. Spano
Deputy City Clerks
Nerissa D. Peña
Overview of the City Clerk's Office
The Yonkers City Clerk is an official appointed by the Yonkers City Council to a five (5) year term. The Deputy City Clerks are also appointed by the City Council. As the custodian of legislation, the office is responsible for scheduling and preparing council meetings as well as recording and tracking the official records of said meetings.
The office also records and maintains vital records of the City as well as other City and State licenses. The office provides for public access of such records as allowed by law.
To provide outstanding service and support in a professional manner to the City’s Administration, Council, Commissioners and Departments; and to serve the citizens of Yonkers as an accessible and responsive representative of open and transparent government.
Facts & Figures
In 2017 the City Clerk's Office:
- Issued 12,600 “Copies” of Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates
- Processed 1,169 Certificates for New Births
- Processed 876 Certificates for Death
- Processed 916 Licenses for New Marriage
- Issued 94 Towing Permit Renewals and 153 new Towing Permits
- Processed 1,140 Dog Licenses
- Processed 492 Commercial and 143 Residential Alarm Permits