Vincent E. Spano
Deputy City Clerks
Nerissa D. Peña
Overview of the City Clerk's Office
The Yonkers City Clerk is an official appointed by the Yonkers City Council to a five (5) year term. The Deputy City Clerks are also appointed by the City Council. As the custodian of legislation, the office is responsible for scheduling and preparing council meetings as well as recording and tracking the official records of said meetings.
The office also records and maintains vital records of the City as well as other City and State licenses. The office provides for public access of such records as allowed by law.
To provide outstanding service and support in a professional manner to the City’s Administration, Council, Commissioners and Departments; and to serve the citizens of Yonkers as an accessible and responsive representative of open and transparent government.
Facts & Figures
In 2019 the City Clerk's Office:
- Issued 12,183 “Copies” of Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates
- Processed 1,221 Certificates for New Births
- Processed 800 Certificates for Death
- Processed 804 Licenses for New Marriage
- Issued 62 Towing Permit Renewals and 177 new Towing Permits
- Processed 1,066 Dog Licenses
- Processed 443 Commercial and 4216 Residential Alarm Permits