Mobile Hard Drive Shredder Available Yonkers Residents at E.J. Murray’s Skating Rink on Saturday, June 27, 8am-12pm
Post Date:06/22/2020 12:02 PM
YONKERS, NY – June 22, 2020 – Yonkers Mayor Spano today announced the City’s Department of Public Works will provide a mobile hard drive shredder for Yonkers residents to use to help them fight against security breaches and prevent liability, fraud, identity theft, even corporate espionage. The mobile shredder will be stationed at E.J. Murray’s Skating Rink, located at 348 Tuckahoe Road, on Saturday, June 27th from 8AM – 12PM.
“Data will not be free from theft after just erasing information from a hard drive,” said Mayor Spano. “Even after deleting files, a hacker can rip and use your information for their own purposes. We encourage our residents to take advantage of this free shredding service so that their confidential and highly sensitive data becomes useless and inaccessible.”
Residents can bring their hard drives, CDs, thumb drives, DVDs, DVRs to the skating rink for shredding. The City cannot accept LAPTOPS, CELL PHONES, IPADS OR TABLETS. All hard drives must already be removed from the equipment upon arrival to the site.
• YES: HARD DRIVES, CDs, THUMB DRIVES AND DVDs,
• NO: DVRs, LAPTOPS, CELL PHONES, IPADS OR TABLETS
Due to COVID 19 regulations, all residents must maintain a distance of at least six feet apart from personnel, trucks and bins and must agree to the following rules:
· All shredding materials must be placed in the trunk of one’s vehicle and remain in the car while in the service queue
· Once at the shredding station, personnel will remove shredding materials from the truck and dump contents into a security bin for transport to the mobile shredding unit
· Once prompted, residents may drive away
For more information, residents can contact the Mayor’s Help Line at 914-377-HELP (4357).