Yonkers City Hall Limits Access to Public Amid Covid-19 Outbreak
YONKERS, NY – March 17, 2020 – Due to the national COVID-19 outbreak, Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano today announced Yonkers City Hall, located at 40 S. Broadway, and its annex locations will remain open but with limited access to the public.
After New York State Governor Cuomo recently declared local governments must operate with fifty percent of its operating staff with essential employees only, the following city departments’ services will be available with limited access or by appointment only, effective immediately:
- Engineering Department: closed to walk-ins; call ahead to 914-377-6210; visit www.yonkersny.gov for permit application information
- Housing & Building Department: closed to walk-ins; call ahead to 914-377-6500; visit www.yonkersny.gov for permit application information
- City Clerk Office: closed to walk-ins; call ahead to 914-377-6020
- Tax Office: Accepting in-person payments but encouraging checks or payment by credit card; credit card fees will be waived and appear as a credit on next payment due.
- Tax Assessment Office: closed to walk-ins; e-mail CityAssessor@yonkersny.gov or call 914-377-6200 to schedule an appointment; visit [www.yonkersny.gov/assessment]www.yonkersny.gov/assessment for information
- Office of Constituent Services: closed to walk-ins; for assistance call 914-377-6010 or the Mayor’s Helpline at 914-377-HELP (4357) after hours
- Office for the Aging (435 Riverdale Ave.): closed to walk-ins; call ahead to 914-377-6822
- Veterans Affairs (120 New Main Street): closed to walk-ins: call ahead to 914-377-6700
- Department of Parks, Recreation & Conservation (285 Nepperhan Ave.): Closed to walk-ins, call ahead to 914-377-6450; for permit applications and updates on recreational sites visit www.yonkersny.gov
- Yonkers Career Center and New York State Department of Labor (28 Wells Avenue, Bldg 3, 4th Fl): closed to walk-ins; call center number and New York State Department of Labor 914-461-9077 for assistance
- Consumer Protection Bureau (87 Nepperhan Ave): Closed to walk-ins; all hearings postponed; call ahead to 914-377-3000; visit Forms page at www.yonkersny.gov to download applications
- Planning & Development Department (87 Nepperhan Ave.): closed to walk-ins; call ahead to 914-377-6150
- Parking Violations Bureau (87 Nepperhan Ave.): Open 8:30am-4:00pm for payment; no Wednesday evening hours until further notice; all scheduled parking, red light camera and code enforcement hearings have been cancelled; a new date to appear will be sent in the mail once hearings resume; submit requests for a hearing by mail and to make ticket payments online at www.yonkersny.gov, by phone at (866) 377-9665 or by mail directly to Yonkers PVB, 87 Nepperhan Ave., Yonkers, N.Y. 10701
- Yonkers Parking Authority (8 Buena Vista Ave.): closed to the public Monday, Wednesday and Fridays until further notice; call YPA office with questions at (914) 965-2467 on those days; all permit transactions can be done on-line from the 15th through the 27th by visiting permit www.YPAPERMITS.YONKERSNY.GOV or in person Tuesdays and Thursdays (8:30am-4:00pm); evening office hours will be cancelled until further notice
- Yonkers Police Department: All four precincts closed to public as well as the Records Division (914) 377-7232; Commissioner’s Office (914) 377-7200; Property Clerk (914) 377-7941 *(Open on Wednesdays to public access); Community Affairs Division – (914) 377-7375; and Traffic Unit / Hack Unit – (914) 377-7387; members of the public are requested to conduct as much police business over the telephone; if immediate assistance or a police response is needed, call dispatch at (914) 377-7900 – emergencies dial 9-1-1.
- Yonkers Fire Department: All fire stations and fire headquarters closed to public; public asked to call for assistance. Fire Prevention (914) 377-7525 or email FirePrevention@yonkersny.gov; Fire Commissioners Office (914) 377-7500; if immediate assistance or a fire response is needed, call dispatch at (914) 377-7900 – emergencies dial 9-1-1.
- Yonkers Public Library: All three branches closed until March 31 and possibly longer
- Yonkers Public Schools: Closed until March 31 and possibly longer
Residents are encouraged to call the Mayor’s 24 hour Helpline at 914-377-HELP (4357) with any questions.