- Open Competitive Examination: $40
- Promotional Examination: $40
- Uniformed Services Examination: $100
Police Sergeant Date of exam: JUNE 9, 2018
Click Here to download the Exam Application (For Civil Service Exams only)
Click here to download the Civil Service Cross-Filer form
Click here to download the Civil Service Application Fee-Waiver form
Click Here to download the Job Application (For Job Openings Only)
All Categories include:
Exams, Continuous Exams, and Job Postings. Please use the Dropdown Menu to select the category that you're interested in.
(JOB OPENING) INVESTIGATOR – CITY OF YONKERS, DEPARTMENT OF INSPECTOR GENERAL
- Salary/Pay Rate:$40.00 to $50.00 per hour
- Posted Date:04/23/2015
The City of Yonkers, Department of Inspector General is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of part-time investigator. The incumbent performs internal investigations and is responsible for the security and confidentiality of such findings. The work includes assisting in developing a comprehensive program for the evaluation of management controls over City activities. General supervision is received from the Inspector General. The incumbent must be accurate, detail oriented and organized. Some administrative and office duties and other related work as required.
Conducts background checks on vendors seeking to do business with the City;
Conducts special investigations; prepares statements and narrative reports; investigates claims of fraud or collusion within City departments, bureaus or agencies; maintains and secures confidential material found through investigations; coordinates investigation efforts with law enforcement officers and attorneys; examines records and interviews workers to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations;
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered four year college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Finance or a related field and five (5) years of experience in investigation and/or auditing of public sector business processes and finances; or
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered two year college or university with an Associate’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Finance or a related field, or equivalent number of credits with concentration in one of the above stated fields and seven (7) years of experience as described in (A); or
- An equivalent combination of education/training and experience as defined by the limits of A and B.
Resumes and references to be sent to:
Brendan J. McGrath
Yonkers Inspector General
40 South Broadway
Yonkers, New York 10701