|FBI CHILD ID
Every year, thousands of children go missing. The FBI’s Child ID App can help.
This free app provides a convenient place to electronically store photos and vital information about your children so that it’s literally right at hand if you need it. You can show the pictures and provide physical identifiers such as height and weight to security or police officers on the spot. Using a special tab on the app, you can also quickly and easily e-mail the information to authorities with a few clicks.
The app includes tips on keeping children safe as well as specific guidance on what to do in those first few crucial hours after a child goes missing. Links to additional resources for families and victims are provided as well.
Please be assured that no information on your child will be collected or stored by the FBI
unless you provide it during an emergency.
~Child ID Highlights~
Organize Your Child’s Information
- Create as many child profiles as you need.
- Use your phone camera and photo library to take and upload photos of each child.
- Add and update key identifying information.
Know What To Do
- Get safety tips on keeping your child out of harm’s way.
- Learn what to do in first few critical hours after a child goes missing.
- Visit additional links with resources for families and victims.
Get Information to Authorities in an Emergency
- Quickly call 911 or the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
- E-mail your child’s pictures and information to authorities.
- Show identifying information to security or law enforcement officers on the spot.
An important note:
The FBI is not collecting or storing any photos or information that you enter in the app. All data resides solely on your mobile device unless you need to send it to authorities. Please read your mobile provider’s terms of service for information about the security of applications stored on your device.
Put your child’s safety in your own hands. Download the FBI’s Child ID app today.