THE YONKERS CITIZEN CORPS COUNCIL WILL COORDINATE WITH THE OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT TO:
- Identify volunteer leaders in communities within the City.
- Work with volunteer leaders to schedule Domestic Preparedness education & Training
- Report progress and request assistance at monthly meetings
- Help select locations for presentations and work with supporting agencies to publicize events.
- Address other needs that community groups may have, and take steps to resolve these issues when possible.
- Identify people with special needs in the communities; Create a database of residents that require special assistance in the event of an emergency. Communicate this confidential information to emergency communications. Human Needs Committee goals can be implemented through this community outreach program.
- Emphasis the importance of updating information on these specials populations on a regular basis.
- Recommend for recognition those volunteer leaders doing exceptional work.