What You Need to Know:
- We've completely overhauled the way City Hall manages its money, installing proper controls, cutting back on waste and implementing a cohesive financial plan.
- Last year, we sold the first “A” rated Yonkers bonds in 30 years, saving taxpayers $2 million in the cost of issuing bonds.
- We installed an automated gas dispensing system at the public works garage and combined with our GPS system, we can now keep track of where our city cars are and how much gas they use.
- New LED street lights and other sustainability projects are saving taxpayers millions in energy costs
- In the coming months, we plan to make the switch to web-base phone service that will make our operations more efficient and save taxpayers $150,000 in yearly telephone bills.